The items below are required for your admission credentials. This list must be completed before action can be taken on your application. When your file is complete and you have been academically admitted to the University, you will receive your acceptance letter by email, if an email address has been provided on the application. The International Student Services Office will evaluate your file for visa purposes and will issue your I-20 after we receive and approve your financial statement. Please note that academic admission to the University does not guarantee a scholarship or an I-20.
- A $50 (U.S. Dollars) evaluation fee must be paid before your application will be evaluated. The fee must be paid by credit card, check, money order, in person (do not send cash), or online at International Evaluation Fee.
- Official TOEFL scores must be sent directly to Office of International Services (where required). The minimum acceptable score is 79. Midwestern State University score reporting number is 6408.
Beginning freshmen / freshmen applicants -- official ACT (American College Test) or SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) scores must be sent directly to MSU Admissions.
- Graduate applicants -- official GRE or GMAT (GMAT for MBA students only) scores must be sent directly to MSU Admissions. Graduate admission is not complete until the scores are received. Minimum GMAT score for MBA programs is 450.
- Please request that official transcripts from all secondary schools, colleges, and / or universities be sent directly from the schools to The Office of International Services. If these documents are in a language other than English, an official translation must also be sent. Hand-carried documents, as well as copies sent or scanned with your application are not accepted as official.Also, please send or bring copies of the catalog, course requirements, or descriptions from each of the colleges / universities you have attended for evaluation purposes.
- If you are currently attending an institution, a final transcript must be sent upon completion of this semester.
- International students pay non-resident tuition unless they are awarded a scholarship.
Undergraduate admission decisions are made by the Office of International Services only. Unless an exception is made by our office, the items listed above are required before your application will be evaluated. Graduate admission decisions are made by the individual departments.
For the Form I-20: You must submit a certified copy of your financial statement from a registered bank or savings institution showing adequate financial resources for the period of intended enrollment. This must be done prior to the I-20 being processed. Please forward this documentation to the Office of International Services immediately! It is advisable that you include this document with your application if possible. Please do not send this information to any other office except International Services. For questions concerning the I-20 or your financial documents, please contact the International Immigration Specialist at 940-397-4208.
Important Accuplacer Test Information: Students who are admitted to MSU must take the Accuplacer test before they enroll in classes, unless exempt. This test will be given on your arrival. Therefore, it is CRITICAL that you comply with the deadline dates for arrival.
Click here for more information on Accuplacer.
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION DEADLINES Applications received up to 30 days after the Priority Deadline will be processed ONLY if they are complete with financial statements.
Semester Begins Fall
Last week in August Spring
Second week in January
For more information on International Admissions, contact:
INTERNATIONAL APPLICATION DEADLINES
Applications received up to 30 days after the Priority Deadline will be processed ONLY if they are complete with financial statements.
Kerrie Cale, Associate Director
International Student Services
Phone: 940-397-4344Fax: 940-397-4087
Office: Hardin South 211
3410 Taft Boulevard
Wichita Falls, Texas 76308-2099